How do check for *not null* on a decision table?

Hi,

I'm using decision tables.

I need to check when a given variable is *not null*.

Short of creating a variable that is literally "not null of the variable I want to check" is there a way to check it?

Also, does anyone know about Appian's future support for FEEL?

Thanks.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I don't have a blanket solution that works for every use case, but the following workaround might help in some scenarios.  Set the Decision to select the First match and then set the first row to check "is null" for the input that you want to make sure is not null and "any" for all of the following inputs.  This way the Decision will stop at the first row and not check any of the others if it is null, effectively meaning that for all other rows it would have to have a non-null value.  The screenshot below illustrates this idea:

• I don't have a blanket solution that works for every use case, but the following workaround might help in some scenarios.  Set the Decision to select the First match and then set the first row to check "is null" for the input that you want to make sure is not null and "any" for all of the following inputs.  This way the Decision will stop at the first row and not check any of the others if it is null, effectively meaning that for all other rows it would have to have a non-null value.  The screenshot below illustrates this idea:

Children
No Data