Is there a new keyboard shortcut for adding a block comment in rules designer in 17.2? ("Ctrl+Shift+/" doesn't work anymore in 17.2)

"Ctrl+Shift+/" to add a block comment in expression and interface rules stopped working in 17.2. Is there a new keyboard shortcut for achieving this. "Ctrl+/" just toggles selected text to a comment. If selected text spread across multiple lines, "Ctrl+/" toggles individual lines explicitly to comment instead of commenting out the entire block.

"Ctrl+Shift+/" used to work in "17.1-" and was very helpful. Please suggest.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In 17.1 and prior versions, any keyboard shortcuts that were not listed in the documentation were not supported (see docs.appian.com/.../Expressions.html for a full list). All keyboard shortcuts on that list were preserved and many more were added in 17.2.

That said, this would be a good enhancement so I'll put it on the backlog for future consideration. I am curious as to why the comment shortcut that is in 17.2 is not sufficient, though. Is it simply a personal preference of not wanting the comments on separate lines, or have you noticed an actual difference in behavior? Thanks for the feedback!

• "In 17.1 and prior versions, any keyboard shortcuts that were not listed in the documentation were not supported (see docs.appian.com/.../Expressions.html for a full list)." - Shortcut for adding comments doesn't exist in this list, but was available for use in previous versions of Appian. Does this mean, a designer functionality might be available for use but not supported by Appian team? Kind of use at your own risk?

"I am curious as to why the comment shortcut that is in 17.2 is not sufficient, though. Is it simply a personal preference of not wanting the comments on separate lines, or have you noticed an actual difference in behavior?" - It's not a personal preference. Previously using "Ctrl+Shift+\" placing the cursor within the commented out block (/* asdad |sdasd */) used to uncomment the entire block expanding across lines. Now doing "Ctrl+/" just toggles a line in a commented out block, sometimes generate error (when "Ctrl+/" applied on "/* dsfsdfdsf | fsafsd */ sdfdsfs" with cursor in commented out text it generates "dsfsdfdsf fsafsd */ sdfdsfs" instead of "dsfsdfdsf fsafsd sdfdsfs"). Requires extra steps to remove the "/*" and "*/" in case a line contains both commented out and actual code. Difficult at times when you are habituated of using a different key sequence.

But having said that. I could see Appian is enhancing it's UI a lot which is remarkable! I am pretty hopeful that we will get these shortcuts back and many new developer friendly features in coming versions.

• "In 17.1 and prior versions, any keyboard shortcuts that were not listed in the documentation were not supported (see docs.appian.com/.../Expressions.html for a full list)." - Shortcut for adding comments doesn't exist in this list, but was available for use in previous versions of Appian. Does this mean, a designer functionality might be available for use but not supported by Appian team? Kind of use at your own risk?

"I am curious as to why the comment shortcut that is in 17.2 is not sufficient, though. Is it simply a personal preference of not wanting the comments on separate lines, or have you noticed an actual difference in behavior?" - It's not a personal preference. Previously using "Ctrl+Shift+\" placing the cursor within the commented out block (/* asdad |sdasd */) used to uncomment the entire block expanding across lines. Now doing "Ctrl+/" just toggles a line in a commented out block, sometimes generate error (when "Ctrl+/" applied on "/* dsfsdfdsf | fsafsd */ sdfdsfs" with cursor in commented out text it generates "dsfsdfdsf fsafsd */ sdfdsfs" instead of "dsfsdfdsf fsafsd sdfdsfs"). Requires extra steps to remove the "/*" and "*/" in case a line contains both commented out and actual code. Difficult at times when you are habituated of using a different key sequence.

But having said that. I could see Appian is enhancing it's UI a lot which is remarkable! I am pretty hopeful that we will get these shortcuts back and many new developer friendly features in coming versions.

Children
No Data