---Decision Table----

Can we use Constants or Rules under decision Table?

Currently I believe either we have to hard code conditions or we have to execute a logic outside of the decision table and Pass into decision table as boolean in order to display Error message. Also  to display error message we have to hardcode it . can we create a constant and use it inside decision Table? can we execute the logics using expression rule inside a table?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • kchaitanyam Thank you very much for your answer. Now I got it what your saying, yeah we can do this but my view is to execute expression based on input entered by the user.

for Example. if we are using a number field which has validation "Values should be less than 255 characters"(where we have to check length )and "value should be greater than 100" (Comparison)

When user enters values in Integer field from UI , Currently we can achieve this by creating an expression rule which returns true or false and trigger a decision from decision table based on Boolean value returned by expression rule.

You got it right? Please let me know if we can achieve this in decision table itself.

Children