How can I search all of my expressions in process models and rules to determine

How can I search all of my expressions in process models and rules to determine where I am using a particular function/rule/constant? I am able to access the process model directories on the server....

OriginalPostID-79644

OriginalPostID-79644

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I had to perform a similar function today to try and identify if a query rule that I want to change is used by more than 1 SAIL based expression in my entire app. I was able to export the full application, unzip it and use notepad++ to do a 'find in files' search for the UUID of the query rule. It found it in a 4 places, the main application's package list, the specific content file for the query rule, the export log and most importantly 1 and only 1 content folder that was the one for the expression rule that I knew called it. Because it didn't find the uuid in other content files I am assuming it was not called elsewhere in a process model or rule in my app (which I was fairly confident of before).

It was a tedious process finding out what to do to confirm my suspicion that it was only used once, but it appears to have worked. We are on Appian 7.6 and will be upgrading to 7.10 or the next version in a few months. Had we had a 7.9 instance for testing with I could have used the newer application dependency checking functionality and saved me an hour. Thanks for a solution that helped!
  • I had to perform a similar function today to try and identify if a query rule that I want to change is used by more than 1 SAIL based expression in my entire app. I was able to export the full application, unzip it and use notepad++ to do a 'find in files' search for the UUID of the query rule. It found it in a 4 places, the main application's package list, the specific content file for the query rule, the export log and most importantly 1 and only 1 content folder that was the one for the expression rule that I knew called it. Because it didn't find the uuid in other content files I am assuming it was not called elsewhere in a process model or rule in my app (which I was fairly confident of before).

It was a tedious process finding out what to do to confirm my suspicion that it was only used once, but it appears to have worked. We are on Appian 7.6 and will be upgrading to 7.10 or the next version in a few months. Had we had a 7.9 instance for testing with I could have used the newer application dependency checking functionality and saved me an hour. Thanks for a solution that helped!
Children
No Data