label: ri!random,
value: test!rand
)
),
buttons: a!buttonLayout(
primaryButtons: a!buttonWidget()
)
)

and was surprised to find that the variable test!rand was usable. Is this something that will be documented and usable in the future? 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi,
    I've asked around and it seems like in earlier versions (7.x, etc) you were able to define variables using any domain eg. acb!, testing!, local!. This introduced code maintainability issues so the standard was changed to local!. I can't find any documentation on it so it seems like test! is a remnant of this functionality from earlier versions of Appian. I would avoid using the test! domain as it doesn't seem to documented and could be at risk of deprecation.
  • Hi,
    I've asked around and it seems like in earlier versions (7.x, etc) you were able to define variables using any domain eg. acb!, testing!, local!. This introduced code maintainability issues so the standard was changed to local!. I can't find any documentation on it so it seems like test! is a remnant of this functionality from earlier versions of Appian. I would avoid using the test! domain as it doesn't seem to documented and could be at risk of deprecation.
Children