field creation based upon data type selected

Hi Everyone,

i am doing a POC, where the requirement is like admin will select Data Type from dropdown in the interface and on click of preview button, one new interface will open that will display selected data type fields of admin interface. for example

if Admin will select integer field from the drop down, in next interface  "Integer Type" field will display. once admin will submit the form changes will reflect on next interface which will display to user.

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Vikram,

I have one question : "what you want to achieve by implementing this?" Are you trying to create interface at runtime?

If you can explore your requirement then it will be easy to people to provide a good solution here.

I am agree with Ryland Atkins (rylanda)  way, you need to define set of different type of data input and based on selection you  will be able to see input types. But according to his code, once you will select other data type , first one will disappear.

just look the quick apps : https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.2/Quick_Apps_Designer.html may be it will be use full for you.

Kindly let me know weather it helps you or you have still some doubt.

Regards

Abhay 

• Hi Vikram,

I have one question : "what you want to achieve by implementing this?" Are you trying to create interface at runtime?

If you can explore your requirement then it will be easy to people to provide a good solution here.

I am agree with Ryland Atkins (rylanda)  way, you need to define set of different type of data input and based on selection you  will be able to see input types. But according to his code, once you will select other data type , first one will disappear.

just look the quick apps : https://docs.appian.com/suite/help/18.2/Quick_Apps_Designer.html may be it will be use full for you.

Kindly let me know weather it helps you or you have still some doubt.

Regards

Abhay 

Children