is there any alternative way to run write to data store entity twice in single a!save function

Actually, appian allows only one smart service to be executed in single a!save function, 

but as per my functionality, i need to execute write to data store entity twice, once to create data, second to use that created data and write it in to some other entity through same smart service.

is there any alternative way to do so, please let me know.

below is the attached screenshot.

also we have another smart service- writeToMultipleDataStoreEntities, but i think it executes multiple data store parallely, but what i need is once 1st is executed, then second should execute, as second is dependent on 1st data store input. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi -

I understand your frustration here.
    The product does explicitly prevent two data store writes from a single SAIL saveInto right now.
    When I have this use case, instead of using a!WriteToDataStoreEntity(), I use a!startProcess(). Once you’ve initiated that process, you can manage the order of operations quite easily. Yes, you’re proliferating with an extra object, but it’s how it’s done now.

• Hi -

I understand your frustration here.
    The product does explicitly prevent two data store writes from a single SAIL saveInto right now.
    When I have this use case, instead of using a!WriteToDataStoreEntity(), I use a!startProcess(). Once you’ve initiated that process, you can manage the order of operations quite easily. Yes, you’re proliferating with an extra object, but it’s how it’s done now.

Children
No Data