Decision Table with multiple outputs

Certified Lead Developer

Hi,

I have a decision table that returns two outputs based on the input values.

I'm calling this Decision table rule from a process, how can i store the result in a activity class variable?

The output of the decision table is a MAP, i could not find a compatible datatype for this in a process model.

Can someone please help?

TIA

Regards,

Sunil Zacharia

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Sunil,

When a decision has multiple outputs, it is called as compound output (or MAP) which is nothing but a dictionary with fields that correspond to each output field name of the Decision. You could write an expression rule which calls the decision and then cast the output of the decision to a CDT corresponds to the dictionary the decision returns.
    Lastly call that expression inside your process model and capture the output with that CDT type.

Thanks

A Score Level 2
    in reply to Smruti Swain
    Hi SmruthiSwain,
    Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    If your Decision is returning more than one Output all you need is that type of output that can be a folder, Document what ever.
    In this case we always need is a variable that can hold that type which of multiple.

So My question here is why do we need an Expression rule to cast the output to a CDT, We can directly call the Decision to get the output ryt. I'm just trying to Understand the Decision table more.
    A Score Level 1
    in reply to chandu

Hi Chandu,
    When you have more than one output fields defined in a decision, it returns a type called MAP which is basically a dictionary so in order to extract each of the individual output fields you need to cast the dictionary, it is upto you if you want a CDT to cast to or map individual output to separate variables.
    Thanks

Reply Children