Using "getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromprocess()" to export excel, the process is not triggering.

I am using "getdatasubsetdownloadlinkfromprocess()" in the linkfield to export an excel on click on the link it navigate to untitled window and there is no instance in monitoring space. has anyone faced this before ? 

let me know if u have any solution?

Server Log Error:

ERROR com.appiancorp.ps.exceltools.servlet.ExportDataSubsetToExcelFromProcessServlet - Conclude process did not finish within timeout.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • From Error it seems that your process is dealing with huge data and process got time out.
    As a workaround you may give a try to a!startProcess() in saveInto of Export button and pass the intended datasubset in processparameters. First you need to create a process model having processparameter variable (parameter) and use "Export CDT to Excel" smart service node to generate an Excel document and get that document's id using fv!processinfo in Interface and use the newly created doc id in downloaddocumentlink() to download the underlying document.
  • While Prateek's reply is a considerable solution for your problem, I suggest you to be mindful while using a!startProcess, especially in this case.

1. When you use a!startProcess to start a process, the fv!processinfo fetches only that data , you get immediately after the process initiates and it would not wait till the process is complete. In order to fetch all the data, you need to activity-chain all the nodes or in this case, till you get the document id. Consider activity chaining all the nodes in the process , only if this process is critical or if it takes less than 5 seconds to execute, as it has adverse effects on the performance.

2. And I suggest instead of sending the datasubset in process parameters, consider using a stored procedure to get the relevant data inside the process created from the above approach.

• While Prateek's reply is a considerable solution for your problem, I suggest you to be mindful while using a!startProcess, especially in this case.

1. When you use a!startProcess to start a process, the fv!processinfo fetches only that data , you get immediately after the process initiates and it would not wait till the process is complete. In order to fetch all the data, you need to activity-chain all the nodes or in this case, till you get the document id. Consider activity chaining all the nodes in the process , only if this process is critical or if it takes less than 5 seconds to execute, as it has adverse effects on the performance.

2. And I suggest instead of sending the datasubset in process parameters, consider using a stored procedure to get the relevant data inside the process created from the above approach.

Children
No Data