Team,I am trying to create a manual dropdown field in an expression by the below

Team,I am trying to create a manual dropdown field in an expression by the below syntax:
='<select> <option value="0"' selected="selected">Please select a name</option> <option value="1">One</option> <option value="2">Two</option></select>'

It is showing the dropdown while i test the rule, but it throws error when i use it in a process model. Please let me know where i went wrong here and suggest to correct the same?...

OriginalPostID-92632

OriginalPostID-92632

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks for the details.
    I am still not convinced that creating a drop down from the message is the right approach. Firstly, it restricts the usage and increases maintainability of the solution. So I suggest you reconsider your architecture to provide a solution OOTB.

Now coming to your issue, the other issue I can think of causing the problem is Appian's ANTISAMY. Appian uses antisamy to restrict users from using certain tags or attributes (check antisamy.xml file in your installation). This is most likely the reason why the components are not rendering in your UI.
  • Thanks for the details.
    I am still not convinced that creating a drop down from the message is the right approach. Firstly, it restricts the usage and increases maintainability of the solution. So I suggest you reconsider your architecture to provide a solution OOTB.

Now coming to your issue, the other issue I can think of causing the problem is Appian's ANTISAMY. Appian uses antisamy to restrict users from using certain tags or attributes (check antisamy.xml file in your installation). This is most likely the reason why the components are not rendering in your UI.
Children
No Data