Is it possible to create Constants at runtime during a process execution? T

Certified Senior Developer
Is it possible to create Constants at runtime during a process execution?
The use case is to have an excel file with all the details for the constant and creating the same by uploading the file to a process. The process would then take the data from excel file to create the constants.

Thanks...

OriginalPostID-94430

OriginalPostID-94430

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I have a similar requirement where I need to maintain all the constants in a property file that I will need to read and use that to update constants. And this needs to be developed as a stand alone java component that needs to run out of Appian. Something that can be run during deployment. It can use public Appian api to connect to Appian server and update the constants on the server automatically. The idea behind doing this is to avoid making constant updates manually during deployment. We have a lot of web services that we use whose urls are currently referred from constants, and it is getting tedious to keep up with the changes on those. So if we can manage using a property file, we can keep it at one place.
  • I have a similar requirement where I need to maintain all the constants in a property file that I will need to read and use that to update constants. And this needs to be developed as a stand alone java component that needs to run out of Appian. Something that can be run during deployment. It can use public Appian api to connect to Appian server and update the constants on the server automatically. The idea behind doing this is to avoid making constant updates manually during deployment. We have a lot of web services that we use whose urls are currently referred from constants, and it is getting tedious to keep up with the changes on those. So if we can manage using a property file, we can keep it at one place.
Children
No Data