Appian Decision Object

I am working on a decision object which is large enough that it is becoming difficult to track the conditions I've entered.  So,

1.  Is there a way to sort the entries in the decision object?
  2.  Is there a way to "freeze" the rows so the header row remains visible?
  3.  Likewise, is there a way to "freeze" the columns so that key data is visible?
  4.  Can the rows of a decision object be exported to Excel for review?
  5.  If data for the rows of a decision object were entered into an Excel spreadsheet, can entries made in Excel be imported into a decision object?

Items 2 and 3 would be similar to functions in an Excel spreadsheet.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Hi

Those are some brilliant functionalities you mentioned there, but, I am afraid Appian doesn't provide any of those.

Decision object is merely a rule and not a UI component(which I  think would be very cool to have one), hence there's no work around to include it on the interface and then export to excel.

As far as sorting goes, I don't reckon it would be a one shot sorting like on grids. You can always of course manually alter the order to specify how the rows should be executed.

You can however do a workaround, make the HIT policy as R (Rule Order) and not Unique. In this way it would return an array. You can channel it somehow to a grid and then sort/export etc. But, I think it would be a rather complicated task.

Let me know if you find any other alternatives.

• Thanks.

Having the ability to at least lock the top row would be quite beneficial when working with large, complex rules.  While it’s not a UI that one would use in a process, it is a UI for the developer to build out the rules.  Please consider this for a future release.