Adding tabular contents to a Paragraph field

Hello all,

We have an interface in which users can add and format text. We use this interface as a start form and this data is sent as an email using the send email smart service.  

Also,users should be able to copy tabular content as a part of requirement into this paragraph field. However, once user tries to paste a tabular data Appian automatically converts it into text format as shown below.

After pasting the above content it transforms to:

Does anyone has any clue how I can retain the original table when i copy the tabular data into paragraph field/any rich text field? Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

At the end of the day, anything you paste into an Appian text or paragraph field will work basically the same way that it would if you pasted it into a text editor -- Appian has no special way to make any sense out of table data in this sense.  I think the closest you could come is to create an editable grid where a user fills in the data across the individual cells.

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. However, let me be precise. We have a requirement where we are using one of the interface as an alternative to Outlook where user's can send email as they do in Outlook. Like below

We have all the minimal requirements satisfied like formatting, attachments, links. But, our users have these tables(not excel) with data they use for reporting that they usually send in the email like in above thread. When they copy those tabular data that is being converted to text. Yes Appian behaves like a text editor however I'm looking for any plugins that would retain the original structure. 

• Hi Mike,

Thanks for your response. However, let me be precise. We have a requirement where we are using one of the interface as an alternative to Outlook where user's can send email as they do in Outlook. Like below

We have all the minimal requirements satisfied like formatting, attachments, links. But, our users have these tables(not excel) with data they use for reporting that they usually send in the email like in above thread. When they copy those tabular data that is being converted to text. Yes Appian behaves like a text editor however I'm looking for any plugins that would retain the original structure. 

Children