Most efficient way to convert all numbers in an array of dictionary to text

I have a case where I am getting an array of dictionary, and some of the items in the array are decimals that are in scientific notation. For example, I get 3.396929e+14 instead of 339692900000000.  What would be the most efficient way to convert all numbers with scientific notation in any list of dictionaries into text so that they are readable in Appian?

It needs to work with any dictionary, so I cannot rely on consistent key value pairs.

Here is a real example of the data I am receiving.  I have bolded some examples:

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • thanks for this, it looks good and performs about the same as my original version.  Now I am running into a different issue, and I am wondering if you have any ideas, or know why it is happening.  There are a few places where I need to sort the resulting list of dictionary by different fields in the dictionary.  Unfortunately, after I apply either your or my versions of the code to switch the format of the numbers, I get an error.  I have included two scenarios to showcase this:

Scenario 1: Original data, no error
    The thing that is confusing me, is that the Type for both the the original data, and the data after running the number formatting code (either your version or mine), is list of dictionary.  Do you know why it is breaking in one scenario, and not the other?  I feel like I am missing something obvious haha.

Children