Issue in Expression Rule for particular task id and in Database it takes more time to load for the respective id

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

I am facing an issue both in expression rule and in oracle database but I am confused like what will be  the reason for this issue.

Issue in expression rule:

I just want to query data from database and it runs fine for all task id.

But it shows me error only for the task id #141.

Issue in Oracle database:

When I try to retrieve data in one particular view for task #141 it takes more time(more than 5 minutes) to load even for 2 rows but at last the output comes.

But when I try for some other task id it takes time less than a minute even it has 1000 rows.

Note : The entity I used in expression rule and the view I ran in oracle database are same. Only for task #141 this issue occurs.

We checked process instances, it doesn't show any error.

Because of the above issue the users are not able to open the task 141 in site, since it loads for several minutes

and then loading pauses then loading disappears.

Please help me to sort this issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• If your screenshot of your Oracle SQL request is correct (that fetching the data for TASK_ID 141) is taking 309 seconds just in the database itself I suspect the VIEW (prp_reconciliation_v) needs to be examined to see if anything can be done to improve the performance. I recommend you engage a DBA to conduct an EXPLAIN on the VIEW and see if the VIEW can be optimized in any way e.g. changing the way the VIEW is constructed, adding indexes to one or more of the underlying tables etc.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stewart Burchell

Thanks for your reply.

But the thing is when I try for some other task id like #41 using the same view, it comes within few seconds for 2 rows or even 1000 rows.

• If that figure of 309 seconds (which is FIVE MINUTES) in your Oracle admin tool is correct then that's where you need to focus your attention. It's irrelevant what the other rows' response times are (the data that is being brought into the VIEW may have wildly different profiles and it may be that this specific row has a lot more data to merge/aggregate than the other rows).

In short: find the root cause for a 5 second response time in your database and address that as your priority.