I am looking for a way to validate that a user entered date (in a text field) is

I am looking for a way to validate that a user entered date (in a text field) is a valid date, or at least reasonably matches the format mm/dd/yyyy. I was unable to find any native Appian expressions/functions that will validate a date format (and the Masking functions aren't allowed on Tempo/Mobile enabled forms).

I was able to find references to the component 'Appian Regular Expression Functions' that has the regexmatch() function. With a little digging online I built an expression that tests a date and returns true for 01/01/1970-12/31/2039 and a false outside that range or formatting. However, it doesn't know the difference for leap years, etc.

=regexmatch("^(?:[1-9]|0[1-9]|1[0-2])/(?:[0-9]|0[1-9]|1[0-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])/(?:19[7-9][0-9]|20[0-3][0-9])$",ri!date)

Is there a built in function in Appian to allow server or client side validation of dates to minimize typos? I am not at this time using the SAIL and Tempo functionality?...

OriginalPostID-103408

OriginalPostID-103408

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible