I am working on a form in the editor. I want to show the "Submit" bu

I am working on a form in the editor. I want to show the "Submit" button if any of the conditions are true.

I have clicked the "only show this button when" and entered the following expression in the editor:
=or(pv!project.status<>"Cancelled",loggedinuser()=pv!project.initiatedBy,isusermemberofgroup(pv!initiator,28),isusermemberofgroup(pv!initiator,62))

Problem: It seems like it is only reading the first argument. I can see the button even if I am NOT a member of the groups listed. I can see the button if I am not the pv!project.initiatedBy loggedin user. The only time I cannot see the button is if a project is cancelled.

I tried each condition by itself and it worked how it was intended. Any suggestions?...

OriginalPostID-104570

OriginalPostID-104570

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • An OR statement evaluates to TRUE if at least one of the expressions is TRUE. If you want all conditions to be TRUE for the button to display, then you need an AND statement.

In your example, if the status is NOT cancelled, the rest of the conditions will not have effect on the result (they are still evaluated though) because the OR returns TRUE if at least one is TRUE.

When testing this expression review what the other expressions are returning, if at least one is TRUE the button will be displayed.
  • An OR statement evaluates to TRUE if at least one of the expressions is TRUE. If you want all conditions to be TRUE for the button to display, then you need an AND statement.

In your example, if the status is NOT cancelled, the rest of the conditions will not have effect on the result (they are still evaluated though) because the OR returns TRUE if at least one is TRUE.

When testing this expression review what the other expressions are returning, if at least one is TRUE the button will be displayed.
Children
No Data