I am trying to use the tofolder() and toknowledgecenter() functions and they don

I am trying to use the tofolder() and toknowledgecenter() functions and they don't appear to be working correctly. When I use the name of the knowledge center with the function the knowledge center is not found, but when I use the knowledge center ID the it can be found. Has anyone else had this issue?...

OriginalPostID-106440

OriginalPostID-106440

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • You are correct, I can do all of that as a work around. But to make the process more robust I would like to look for a folder to see if it is already created within a named folder and make the process generic enough that it wouldn't have to do a lookup in a table to find the folder id. And I would rather not rely on the deployment team to update constants in production. And if folders get deleted and/or recreated within Appian and then an ID is looked up that no longer exists that will cause errors within the process. But if the process can look up the folder names they can either be used or created without an error. The tofolder() function indicates I can pass in any type for the value to be converted to a folder, but doesn't appear to be correct.
  • You are correct, I can do all of that as a work around. But to make the process more robust I would like to look for a folder to see if it is already created within a named folder and make the process generic enough that it wouldn't have to do a lookup in a table to find the folder id. And I would rather not rely on the deployment team to update constants in production. And if folders get deleted and/or recreated within Appian and then an ID is looked up that no longer exists that will cause errors within the process. But if the process can look up the folder names they can either be used or created without an error. The tofolder() function indicates I can pass in any type for the value to be converted to a folder, but doesn't appear to be correct.
Children
No Data