Substitute function not working with commas

Certified Associate Developer

I have the following which i saved as a process variable of type text

{ "userId": "abc123", "submissionId": "111222333", "createdDt": "2022-06-17T04:07:19.611Z"}

I want to remove spacing between the commas and colons, trying to do so with substitute(pv!text, ": ", ":") and substitute(pv!text, ", ", ","). It works for the colon, but not for the comma, so the result is the following

{ "userId":"abc123", "submissionId":"111222333", "createdDt":"2022-06-17T04:07:19.611Z"}

Also, when i use stripwith(pv!text,","), the comma can be affected and removed. Wondering why substitute cant do the same.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or how else I can remove the space between the comma?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

Hi Stefan, I realised that the space after the comma is char(10), but on top of that, it seems that substitute(ri!json, char(10), "") would actually result in the char(10) being replaced by a space instead. The work around that works would be to replace char(10) with a character, then subsequently replace that character. For example:

substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(substitute(
      tostring(
        ri!json
      ),concat(char(10)," "),"this_is_char(10)"),
      "this_is_char(10) ",""),", ",",")," : ",":"),", ",",")

Thanks for the input up till now, greatly appreciate it!

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to zacha0002

This seems to be a tremendous effort ....

Depending on the system that created this JSON, a line-break can be represented by char(10), char(13) or char(10)&char(13). I think this is what you see.