Urgent req.

I'm working on a integration project where data is coming out of appian, here I have a situation

Where I need to specify if data is missing In a particular field let's say "name" under "personal details" section then "error type" should be "personal details" and "error details" should be "name".

Likewise I have many fields under section "personal details" - for this i have created a record.

Can anyone please help me to achieve this situation

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I have some questions:

What exactly does "integration project where data is coming out of appian" mean? Do you implement an Appian Web API to be called by another system to query data from Appian?

Depending on your answer, we can try to support you.

Please also describe in way more detail what you want to achieve, what you tried and what you see as a result.

Certified Lead Developer

I have some questions:

What exactly does "integration project where data is coming out of appian" mean? Do you implement an Appian Web API to be called by another system to query data from Appian?

Depending on your answer, we can try to support you.

Please also describe in way more detail what you want to achieve, what you tried and what you see as a result.

Children
  • What I meant by integration project is we don't have any user input task, we are getting the data from sap, we haven't provided any api as of now, we were asked to create DB tables and insert some mockup data and work on it

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Mh q

What does "getting the data from sap" mean? Does Appian call SAP or does SAP call Appian?

So, when I receive data from an external system I typically create an expression rule to implement the validation and return a map holding any error messages.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mh q

SO I think you are talking about two different things here - 1) Data to be pulled from external system (which you haven't implemented yet and customer has asked you to create few dummy tables and load the data manually and work on those tables). Are you waiting for customer to provide you the API details?). 2) You need to provide the validation in your task or record and display some error message based on weather data is present or not. You can simply do this by creating generic expression rule and do the NULL check and return the error message the way you want.

Where exactly you are getting the difficulty showing those error messages? or did I miss anything here?

• So basically business has suggested to work on some dummy tables where data has been inserted to db. here I have a situation

Where I need to specify if data is missing In a particular field let's say "name" under "personal details" section then "error type" should be "personal details" and "error details" should be "name".

Likewise I have many fields under section "personal details" - for this i have created a record.

And almost I need to do it milestonewise in each and every milestone I need to define different fields.

Note - for milestone we have defines a constant.

Can anyone please help me to achieve this situation