a!toJson excluding null values.

Certified Associate Developer

I have CDT with following fields

• While using a!toJson , it is EXCLUDING fields which are having NULL values except fields with TEXT datatype.

Expresion: -  a!localVariables(
local!data: 'type!{urn:com:appian:types:RS}RS_dummyCDT'(id: 1, name: "abc"),
a!toJson(local!data)
)

Result:

Note: If I use parameter removeNullOrEmptyFields as true, it also excluding text fields which are null

a!localVariables(
a!toJson(
value: local!data,
removeNullOrEmptyFields: true
)
)

Result:

• While using a!toJson_17r1, it is returning all the fields of the CDT irrespective of NULL values.

Expression: a!localVariables(
a!toJson_17r1(local!data )
)

Result:

I want to get the data the way we are getting result while using a!toJson_17r1. i.e. I want to get all the fields of CDT irrespective of NULL value.

Is there any way to achieve this using a!toJson?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

In the documentation for a!toJson() it makes no mention of empty fields of other types being removed, particularly when "FALSE" is passed in for the "removeNullOrEmptyFields" parameter (even though that's also supposed to be the default behavior).

I'd suggest raising a support case with Appian to address this potential discrepancy.  I'd expect (if you're very lucky anyway) they might slot this in for an enhanced "evolved version" where the new one contains the behavior you're after - since just changing this behavior in the existing version could potentially break current uses of the current version.

Certified Lead Developer

In the documentation for a!toJson() it makes no mention of empty fields of other types being removed, particularly when "FALSE" is passed in for the "removeNullOrEmptyFields" parameter (even though that's also supposed to be the default behavior).

I'd suggest raising a support case with Appian to address this potential discrepancy.  I'd expect (if you're very lucky anyway) they might slot this in for an enhanced "evolved version" where the new one contains the behavior you're after - since just changing this behavior in the existing version could potentially break current uses of the current version.

Children
No Data