Append Values

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I have a requirement to append the values of a particular computation to a local variable using append function 

The rule goes like this : 

a!localVariables(

local!data : {"x", "y", "z", },

local!finalValues,

a!forEach(

items: local!data,

expression: append(

local!finalValues,

performSomeComputation(fv!item)

)

)

)

now the problem is, the local variable is not getting updated no matter what, I tried using update dictionary as well as insert(local!finalValues, length(local!finalValues) + 1, fv!item) .. but still it wont append .. is there any other method I can use to append values ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

You would need to define local!finalValues as the a!forEach() update sequence you try below.  Expression code can't and doesn't "push" a value into an already-defined variable (the only exception being on a form where saves are executed via user interaction) - instead you need to build the update into your definitions.  It can be a tricky paradigm to get used to, I admit, but once you get it, it's pretty easy to follow.

Certified Lead Developer

You would need to define local!finalValues as the a!forEach() update sequence you try below.  Expression code can't and doesn't "push" a value into an already-defined variable (the only exception being on a form where saves are executed via user interaction) - instead you need to build the update into your definitions.  It can be a tricky paradigm to get used to, I admit, but once you get it, it's pretty easy to follow.

Children