Using Email Classification AI Skill With .msg Files

Certified Associate Developer

Hello, I am working on a team that would like to try out and potentially use the AI Skill "Email Classification" for our work, but the training of the AI skill states that it requires .eml files. Unfortunately, our company uses Outlook, which does not natively have a way to save .eml files - as far as I am aware. Is there a way for me to convert .msg into .eml, or has anyone else found a workaround? We are not allowed to use other email providers in any way, and all converters I found online would likely be blocked by my company.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi, to work with .msg files in appian you need to convert the email in eml through vba in outlook (using Remedy as library for example). If you want to send .msg email to a start node in appian  as attachment, appian is not able to work with them, unless you use Outlook web, so the suggestion is to zip the email (if it's in .msg extension), send to the start node as attachment and then unzip the file (msg file reader plug in doesn't work with upcoming emails).

Or you can send the email as attachment but only if it's saved as .eml.

All this procedure is possible with vba outlook, but obviously you have to deal with all the client permissions to work on a box letter.

• Hi, to work with .msg files in appian you need to convert the email in eml through vba in outlook (using Remedy as library for example). If you want to send .msg email to a start node in appian  as attachment, appian is not able to work with them, unless you use Outlook web, so the suggestion is to zip the email (if it's in .msg extension), send to the start node as attachment and then unzip the file (msg file reader plug in doesn't work with upcoming emails).

Or you can send the email as attachment but only if it's saved as .eml.

All this procedure is possible with vba outlook, but obviously you have to deal with all the client permissions to work on a box letter.

Children
No Data