IDP multiple pages

Certified Senior Developer

Hi,

I have an upcoming application that is going to have a heavy IDP component. I haven't actually worked with IDP yet, and development hasn't started yet, so all of what I've been researching for Appian capabilities has been what Appian has in their documentation and other community questions. The question is, when the user uploads the form and there are attachments that also have to be extracted, does each document have to be in its own PDF? Or can they all be uploaded as one, multi-page PDF and the system can extract them all separately? Thank you! 

And I apologize if I'm not wording things properly, again, I don't actually have any hands on IDP experience yet, I know each form a user could upload has to be configured and classified, so this is assuming the main form and possible attachments have been configured. 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Appian is capable of processing PDF documents up to 15 pages or 7 MB. In the context of Appian document extraction, there are three types of PDFs that can be processed:

• Flattened PDF: No text data associated with the file. It doesn't contain digital text or form fields. Often, these types of PDFs are created from paper documents that have been scanned.
    • Searchable PDF: Contains digital text data that can be highlighted, copied, searched, and accessed programmatically. This type of PDF has undergone previous processing or was saved from a word processor.
    • Fillable PDF: Similar to a searchable PDF, this file allows the user to input and save additional information into form fields.

Evaluating Doc Extraction Features - Appian 23.3