A!foreach() in Expression rules

I have built an expression rule where I am using a!foreach() and looping through items. Below is the query.

a!localVariables(
local!var: a!queryRecordType(
recordType: 'recordType!rec_type1,
pagingInfo: a!pagingInfo(1, 10)
),
a!forEach(
items: { local!var}.data,  //4 data items from the record type table are that it can iterate on//
expression: fv!item['recordType!rectype1.fields.col1'] [1]
)
)

The record type I am querying here has 4 items that I am iterating in using a!foreach(). Now expression gives a single output (specific cell's data from table i.e. first record's col1 value). My expectation was that this would give same table cell data as output but 4 times instead of 1 time.

Is it due to the fact that in every iteration fv!item moves to the subsequent item as current array item and therefore cannot give that cell's data as output remaining 3 times since it has already moved ahead to next item.

Let me know if I am thinking correctly or is there some other reason. (Refer: Below image shows the single output for above query.)

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • Hi Mike,

I was considering it to work like this -->

If I give "var.data" for items where var.data is a list of items (row of records) from a record type, then for every iteration, fv!item would hold the current array item i.e. in first iteration it would hold 1st row of record, in next iteration it would be 2nd row of record and so on.

Let me know if this is correct else it would help if you could provide a small example to explain working of fv!item.

thanks.

Children