We can write If/Else condition in expression rule then why do we need decisions objects in Appian

Certified Associate Developer

We can write If/Else condition in expression rule then why do we need decisions objects in Appian

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

if(), match() and decision tables are very similar, but the details matter.

In decision tables, you can only use static values for comparing and for the output.

if() is only good for a single condition. As soon as you need multiple nested condition, code becomes  hard to understand.

match() is great for comparing one value against multiple conditions and allows you to use dynamic compare operands and return values.

In my daily work, I use if() most often, followed by match(). Decision tables not so much.

Certified Lead Developer

if(), match() and decision tables are very similar, but the details matter.

In decision tables, you can only use static values for comparing and for the output.

if() is only good for a single condition. As soon as you need multiple nested condition, code becomes  hard to understand.

match() is great for comparing one value against multiple conditions and allows you to use dynamic compare operands and return values.

In my daily work, I use if() most often, followed by match(). Decision tables not so much.

Children
No Data