Why is it that my rule: rule!esc_get_EI_data_by_date_range(todatetime(ri!st

Why is it that my rule:
rule!esc_get_EI_data_by_date_range(todatetime(ri!start),todatetime(ri!end),topaginginfo(1,100)) returns 100 rows of data for ri!start=10/01/2014,ri!end=10/31/2014 [ri!start & ri!end are both date types],
And
my input task output rule: rule!esc_get_EI_data_by_date_range(todatetime(ac!startDate),todatetime(ac!endDate),topaginginfo(1,100)) returns nothing for ac!startDate=10/31/2014, ac!endDate=10/31/2014, [ac!startDate & ac!endDate are both date types]?

OriginalPostID-125679

OriginalPostID-125679

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • In the second example you have both ac!startDate and ac!endDate set to 10/31/2014. Is this intentional? What's happening is that you are calling the todatetime() function for two of the same dates. This is resulting in the start datetime and end datetime both being the exact same value. Since they are the same value, there are no values in between them, thus you aren't getting any data back.
  • In the second example you have both ac!startDate and ac!endDate set to 10/31/2014. Is this intentional? What's happening is that you are calling the todatetime() function for two of the same dates. This is resulting in the start datetime and end datetime both being the exact same value. Since they are the same value, there are no values in between them, thus you aren't getting any data back.
Children
No Data