I have into a problem with one of the Appian created rules. The rule is APN_dis

I have into a problem with one of the Appian created rules. The rule is APN_distinct, I am using this rule to try and retrieve a set of distinct userids from a database view. The view contains multiple instances of a user but I want to display a set of unique users names based on the userids. has anyone else run into this problem? Any thoughts on what I might do differently?

Here is the section of the SAIL code:

local!resourceList: rule!APN_distinct(rule!TT_getResourcesByPM(local!pmID))...

OriginalPostID-126641

OriginalPostID-126641

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No, I have not. The userids are actually integers. One possible solution that I am working with now is to use union. The only problem is that local!resourceList is a CDT that contains different types (user_id, role_id, user_name, etc.) which is what I think is causing the problem for the APN_distinct rule. I bet if I ask for a distinct local!resourceList.userid it would work. I might have to try it using that logic.
  • No, I have not. The userids are actually integers. One possible solution that I am working with now is to use union. The only problem is that local!resourceList is a CDT that contains different types (user_id, role_id, user_name, etc.) which is what I think is causing the problem for the APN_distinct rule. I bet if I ask for a distinct local!resourceList.userid it would work. I might have to try it using that logic.
Children
No Data