I have into a problem with one of the Appian created rules. The rule is APN_dis

I have into a problem with one of the Appian created rules. The rule is APN_distinct, I am using this rule to try and retrieve a set of distinct userids from a database view. The view contains multiple instances of a user but I want to display a set of unique users names based on the userids. has anyone else run into this problem? Any thoughts on what I might do differently?

Here is the section of the SAIL code:

local!resourceList: rule!APN_distinct(rule!TT_getResourcesByPM(local!pmID))...

OriginalPostID-126641

OriginalPostID-126641

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • APN_distinct just calls the union function anyway. You should be passing in the user_id element of the CDT as you say, if that doesn't work then cast the usernames to integers (or strings, it shouldn't really matter) before using APN_distinct.

The user object can often behave strangely with some functions; isnull(), for example, will not quite work properly (it often returns true even if the user is null) so it's sometimes safer to cast the user objects to a string.
  • APN_distinct just calls the union function anyway. You should be passing in the user_id element of the CDT as you say, if that doesn't work then cast the usernames to integers (or strings, it shouldn't really matter) before using APN_distinct.

The user object can often behave strangely with some functions; isnull(), for example, will not quite work properly (it often returns true even if the user is null) so it's sometimes safer to cast the user objects to a string.
Children
No Data