Is there a way to convert a String to evaluable SAIL expression ? I

Is there a way to convert a String to evaluable SAIL expression ?

I have a comparative expression saved in a database field, I need to retrieve it from the database and evaluate it within a condition in SAIL.

OriginalPostID-137948

OriginalPostID-137948

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    Per what others have said - if it absolutely has to be done this way, other than designing some new plugin to interpret the text commands, all I can think of personally would be to break up the text expressions into separate pieces and evaluate them via conditional statements (which would be difficult). You'd have to have a well-defined business rule regarding what format the expressions could have (i.e. the operators they could handle, the length, etc), but the plus side is that the evaluation rule could always be expanded in the future to handle more things.
    Certified Lead Developer
    Per what others have said - if it absolutely has to be done this way, other than designing some new plugin to interpret the text commands, all I can think of personally would be to break up the text expressions into separate pieces and evaluate them via conditional statements (which would be difficult). You'd have to have a well-defined business rule regarding what format the expressions could have (i.e. the operators they could handle, the length, etc), but the plus side is that the evaluation rule could always be expanded in the future to handle more things.
Children
No Data