Is there a way to convert a String to evaluable SAIL expression ? I

Is there a way to convert a String to evaluable SAIL expression ?

I have a comparative expression saved in a database field, I need to retrieve it from the database and evaluate it within a condition in SAIL.

OriginalPostID-137948

OriginalPostID-137948

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi rajendray,
    According to your comments, you need a decision table (which contains set of dynamic rules like nested if conditions/multiple conditional constraints, which might be handled by end user also). So to achieve this you stored those rules in DB and try to evaluate it.
    But AFAIK, you can't able to do that in Appian.

If you have fixed set of operators, comparing values also be quantifiable numbers and only one operator is used for each expression like 10>20, then you may try by splitting the expression by operator.
    As your comments ,I think you don't want this.

So my suggestion is consider your requirement once and design it in Appian supported way.
  • Hi rajendray,
    According to your comments, you need a decision table (which contains set of dynamic rules like nested if conditions/multiple conditional constraints, which might be handled by end user also). So to achieve this you stored those rules in DB and try to evaluate it.
    But AFAIK, you can't able to do that in Appian.

If you have fixed set of operators, comparing values also be quantifiable numbers and only one operator is used for each expression like 10>20, then you may try by splitting the expression by operator.
    As your comments ,I think you don't want this.

So my suggestion is consider your requirement once and design it in Appian supported way.
Children
No Data