I am working on report which displays list of users and associated role. I am ab

I am working on report which displays list of users and associated role. I am able to get custom group id in grid. But when i am converting the customer group id to group name, for some of group its working but for other it gives blank result.

I am using below code to get convert group id to group name.

a!gridTextColumn(label:"Groups Id",field:"",data:local!totalgroupNumbersList),
a!gridTextColumn(label:"Groups List",field:"",data:getgroupnames(apply(togroup(_),local!totalgroupNumbersList)))

OriginalPostID-144869

OriginalPostID-144869

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    I think what is happening is the getgroupnames() rule is returning a list of unique groups, and since you have duplicates in your first column, the second column will have fewer values.

You should make a subrule that takes a group id and returns the group name, and then apply over that rule, feeding it each group id.

subrule:
    =getgroupnames(togroup(ri!groupid))

main rule:
    data: apply(rule!yourSubRule(_), local!totalgroupNumbersList)

Try that and see if it works / what happens when you use it.
    Certified Lead Developer
    I think what is happening is the getgroupnames() rule is returning a list of unique groups, and since you have duplicates in your first column, the second column will have fewer values.

You should make a subrule that takes a group id and returns the group name, and then apply over that rule, feeding it each group id.

subrule:
    =getgroupnames(togroup(ri!groupid))

main rule:
    data: apply(rule!yourSubRule(_), local!totalgroupNumbersList)

Try that and see if it works / what happens when you use it.
Children
No Data