Need to understand how this rule is defined in the attachment. Does the item[ ]

Need to understand how this rule is defined in the attachment. Does the item[ ] refer to ri!item or is it some array object?

OriginalPostID-146357

OriginalPostID-146357

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Pardon the confusion.. I actually wrote this rule.. It was designed to be used in the data loader for the Case Management Framework.. The rule input of "item" is designed to take in an array of any type and randomly return an item from the array.. We didn't expect it to be one of the common components designers would re-use.. but if you are, I'd love to hear your use case.

This was designed for use in the Order Generator Data Loader and Service Request Data Loader in the Case Management Framework specifically..

As you noticed, rule inputs may also be referenced by name directly.. without the ri! in an expression rule..
  • Pardon the confusion.. I actually wrote this rule.. It was designed to be used in the data loader for the Case Management Framework.. The rule input of "item" is designed to take in an array of any type and randomly return an item from the array.. We didn't expect it to be one of the common components designers would re-use.. but if you are, I'd love to hear your use case.

This was designed for use in the Order Generator Data Loader and Service Request Data Loader in the Case Management Framework specifically..

As you noticed, rule inputs may also be referenced by name directly.. without the ri! in an expression rule..
Children
No Data