I want to return unique values from a data store using just a rule and query. Th

I want to return unique values from a data store using just a rule and query. This is what I have so far but I can't seem to figure out how to leverage the target field array. for the union function to operate on.
=union(todatasubset(rule!GetAllLrules().PUB),todatasubset(rule!GetAllrules().PUB))
So the .PUB part delivers the data sub set how do I then navigate to the field within it?
Ideas and outright solutions most welcome.
Thanks, James

OriginalPostID-147436

OriginalPostID-147436

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I was under the impression todatasubset was required in order to instantise the data for the rest of my expression, in turn allowing me to target the field I wanted to operate on.
    So my data set is quite simple, three columns with the primary key exposed for manipulation purposes. The fields are id (int), pub (text) and class (text). It is the pub field I want returned which I then want to execute union against in order to strip all duplicates.
    Does this give a better use case?
  • I was under the impression todatasubset was required in order to instantise the data for the rest of my expression, in turn allowing me to target the field I wanted to operate on.
    So my data set is quite simple, three columns with the primary key exposed for manipulation purposes. The fields are id (int), pub (text) and class (text). It is the pub field I want returned which I then want to execute union against in order to strip all duplicates.
    Does this give a better use case?
Children
No Data