Using wildcard operators when querying a database

Hello,

I was searching through documentation but I cannot seem to find anything pertaining to this.

Is it possible within Appian to query a database in a way that would be similar to the following SQL Query?

Select * from Table where tableID = tableID2

Basically I am trying to return rows where one column equals another column.

Thanks!

OriginalPostID-150044

OriginalPostID-150044

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Unfortunately wildcard (*) selections are not permitted if you are using the Query Database smart service.
    As for the where condition, that is fine as long as the right side operator is defined using an ac! parameter. For example,
    SELECT CustomerName, BusinessUnit, ProductLine FROM customertable where CustomerName=ac!condition

More info here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Query_Database_Smart_Service.html

The following restrictions are in place:
    You can have only one "SELECT" statement per Database Access node. Wildcard (*) selections are not permitted. Do not include a semicolon (;) at the end of your statement.
    By default, a query will return a maximum of ten rows of data. Also, node and process variables that take multiple values are restricted to 1000 indices.
  • Unfortunately wildcard (*) selections are not permitted if you are using the Query Database smart service.
    As for the where condition, that is fine as long as the right side operator is defined using an ac! parameter. For example,
    SELECT CustomerName, BusinessUnit, ProductLine FROM customertable where CustomerName=ac!condition

More info here:
    forum.appian.com/.../Query_Database_Smart_Service.html

The following restrictions are in place:
    You can have only one "SELECT" statement per Database Access node. Wildcard (*) selections are not permitted. Do not include a semicolon (;) at the end of your statement.
    By default, a query will return a maximum of ten rows of data. Also, node and process variables that take multiple values are restricted to 1000 indices.
Children
No Data