Anyone know a way to update a CDT column dynamically using a custom rule or func

Certified Associate Developer
Anyone know a way to update a CDT column dynamically using a custom rule or function? I realize I can create a script task to loop through the CDT and set the column value. I just wanted a more dynamic way to doing it.

CDTa - can be multiple values.
CDT columns - column1, column2, column3

I want to loop through the CDT and set column2 to a specific numeric value

I reviewed the apply function and the custom plugins - IFM Manager, Set CDT Properties and CDT Manipulation - just wondering the most efficient option.

OriginalPostID-150052

OriginalPostID-150052

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @dsmithgxp Agree that there are various options to do so, but I would like to add one point as per my knowledge - Out of the options mentioned by you, IFM Manager is an option which you need to consider in case of making changes to a running instance. And rest of them, such as Set CDT Properties plugin, CDT Manipulation plugin, apply function in combination with type constructor (as said by joshl) are the options which are available at design time.
  • I am trying to replace a grid column with another column that has updated values like this -

1.  a!save (local!temp, UpdateArray (ri!grid.Col1, {1, 3, 5}, "A")  updates the elements 1, 3, 5 with "A"  and returns just the Col1 array in local!temp with updated values.

2.  How do I replace grid.Col1 with local!temp?

a!save(ri!grid.Col1, local!temp) doesn't work as expected.  It replaces every element of ri!grid.Col1 with the entire array in local!temp!!!

Thoughts?

• I am trying to replace a grid column with another column that has updated values like this -

1.  a!save (local!temp, UpdateArray (ri!grid.Col1, {1, 3, 5}, "A")  updates the elements 1, 3, 5 with "A"  and returns just the Col1 array in local!temp with updated values.

2.  How do I replace grid.Col1 with local!temp?

a!save(ri!grid.Col1, local!temp) doesn't work as expected.  It replaces every element of ri!grid.Col1 with the entire array in local!temp!!!

Thoughts?

Children
No Data