I have an expression rule that implements a common component that is going to be

I have an expression rule that implements a common component that is going to be called from multiple forms. While the bulk of this component is common, there are some context-specific parts to it, such as custom validation, which depends on the context.
What I would like to do is to pass some custom validation code into the common component rule. What is the best way to go about doing this?

OriginalPostID-150902

OriginalPostID-150902

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The context is more about the functionality that is being implemented in each form.
    The common component allows the user to select a valid employee (based on a web service call). One form uses it without any extra validation, whilst another form uses it with additional constraints (such as whether that employee was already applied to another task). The extra validation is based on local variable data inside the calling form.
  • The context is more about the functionality that is being implemented in each form.
    The common component allows the user to select a valid employee (based on a web service call). One form uses it without any extra validation, whilst another form uses it with additional constraints (such as whether that employee was already applied to another task). The extra validation is based on local variable data inside the calling form.
Children
No Data