I am facing an issue currently. I have used a CDT type specifier in an interface

I am facing an issue currently. I have used a CDT type specifier in an interface (type!MyCDT). I am trying to import the application to another environment. I have included the CDT as well as the interface in the application. But when I try to import it it gives me error message as: "Reference to datatype cannot be found."

I am unable to solve this issue. Please let me know a solution for the issue. Thanks.

OriginalPostID-154775

OriginalPostID-154775

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • I've run into this issue previously, where you will only get that error "inspecting" an application, but not if you actually go ahead and "import" it. This is because, upon inspection, Appian sees that type!MyCDT does not yet exist on your target environment and complains. However, if you were to import that application, the reference to that datatype would be resolved because your interface will see the reference to MyCDT which has already been imported.

However, it is a best practice like @sikhivahans said to use a separate application to package your data types and data stores in.
  • I've run into this issue previously, where you will only get that error "inspecting" an application, but not if you actually go ahead and "import" it. This is because, upon inspection, Appian sees that type!MyCDT does not yet exist on your target environment and complains. However, if you were to import that application, the reference to that datatype would be resolved because your interface will see the reference to MyCDT which has already been imported.

However, it is a best practice like @sikhivahans said to use a separate application to package your data types and data stores in.
Children
No Data