Hello, We are running Appian 7.6 and in one of our log files we have

Hello,

We are running Appian 7.6 and in one of our log files we have log entries of the type

[INFO ] 2015-07-20 08:41:19,388 - (ExpressionAggregatedDataCollector.java:recordTime:38) [gtag, Rule, 0]

These log entries take up close to 60% of the log file at an extremely high rate, meaning that the log file reaches its max size in less than a minute (close to 45 seconds).

I know that the class ExpressionAggregatedDataCollector is used to collect and log information regarding a set of expressions that are being evaluated, but is there a way to NOT have this log entry appear? I have been going through the appian_log4j.properties file and i can not find anything relevant.

Has anyone come across this in their own installation? Btw, we are running Appian on Websphere.

OriginalPostID-157432

OriginalPostID-157432

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • That is also unnecessary trace logging. You can turn it off with something like:

log4j.logger.feature_context=ERROR

Given you're having these problems, though, I suspect you have globally changed the default log level from ERROR to INFO. That's going to cause a ton of unnecessary logging, so rather than individually turning off the worst offenders, I'd suggest you look at the differences between your appian_logj4.properties file and what is shipped with the product and revert any changes you aren't sure that you need.
  • That is also unnecessary trace logging. You can turn it off with something like:

log4j.logger.feature_context=ERROR

Given you're having these problems, though, I suspect you have globally changed the default log level from ERROR to INFO. That's going to cause a ton of unnecessary logging, so rather than individually turning off the worst offenders, I'd suggest you look at the differences between your appian_logj4.properties file and what is shipped with the product and revert any changes you aren't sure that you need.
Children
No Data