Hello, We are running Appian 7.6 and in one of our log files we have

Hello,

We are running Appian 7.6 and in one of our log files we have log entries of the type

[INFO ] 2015-07-20 08:41:19,388 - (ExpressionAggregatedDataCollector.java:recordTime:38) [gtag, Rule, 0]

These log entries take up close to 60% of the log file at an extremely high rate, meaning that the log file reaches its max size in less than a minute (close to 45 seconds).

I know that the class ExpressionAggregatedDataCollector is used to collect and log information regarding a set of expressions that are being evaluated, but is there a way to NOT have this log entry appear? I have been going through the appian_log4j.properties file and i can not find anything relevant.

Has anyone come across this in their own installation? Btw, we are running Appian on Websphere.

OriginalPostID-157432

OriginalPostID-157432

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Abhi, your input has been very helpful.
    However, i would like to ask you a couple more questions.

1) You mentioned a global default log level setting. Is that something you can point me to because i have not been able to determine which one it is.

2) In our UAT environment, i saw that the Trace logging was re enabled after the environment was restarted after having disabled it following the steps you mentioned in your first comment. My thought was that since those Trace appenders were commented out after having being disabled at runtime, they were re enabled when the environment was restarted. Is this case, possibly due to the global logging level setting?
  • Abhi, your input has been very helpful.
    However, i would like to ask you a couple more questions.

1) You mentioned a global default log level setting. Is that something you can point me to because i have not been able to determine which one it is.

2) In our UAT environment, i saw that the Trace logging was re enabled after the environment was restarted after having disabled it following the steps you mentioned in your first comment. My thought was that since those Trace appenders were commented out after having being disabled at runtime, they were re enabled when the environment was restarted. Is this case, possibly due to the global logging level setting?
Children
No Data