Is there a straight forward way to save to an individual field within a multi-va

Is there a straight forward way to save to an individual field within a multi-value CDT variable in SAIL? For example having a customer CDT and trying to populate auto-generated IDs for all the customers as part of a component saveInto, the pseudo-code below doesn’t work:
a!save(local!customers.id, enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1) - this will save the first target value index(1 in this case) into all customer IDs instead of saving them correctly as 1,2,3...
a!save(local!customers.id[enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1], enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1) - still same behavior as above
The problem seems to be that you can specify a list of indices on the left hand side of the a!save function but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify a list of new values on the right hand side - the function is expecting a single value or a rule/function reference. It also looks like the a!save function cannot be placed within looping f...

OriginalPostID-157710

OriginalPostID-157710

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks Tim. I already had this in the back of my mind but I wanted to keep this as a last option. The main issue I've with this is that in addition to populating the ID field I also have to copy over all the other customer data field by field. This becomes an issue whereby whenever new fields are added to the customer CDT, this piece of code will also have to be updated to copy over those new fields and this can be easily missed.
  • Thanks Tim. I already had this in the back of my mind but I wanted to keep this as a last option. The main issue I've with this is that in addition to populating the ID field I also have to copy over all the other customer data field by field. This becomes an issue whereby whenever new fields are added to the customer CDT, this piece of code will also have to be updated to copy over those new fields and this can be easily missed.
Children
No Data