Is there a straight forward way to save to an individual field within a multi-va

Is there a straight forward way to save to an individual field within a multi-value CDT variable in SAIL? For example having a customer CDT and trying to populate auto-generated IDs for all the customers as part of a component saveInto, the pseudo-code below doesn’t work:
a!save(local!customers.id, enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1) - this will save the first target value index(1 in this case) into all customer IDs instead of saving them correctly as 1,2,3...
a!save(local!customers.id[enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1], enumerate(length(local!customers)) + 1) - still same behavior as above
The problem seems to be that you can specify a list of indices on the left hand side of the a!save function but there doesn't seem to be a way to specify a list of new values on the right hand side - the function is expecting a single value or a rule/function reference. It also looks like the a!save function cannot be placed within looping f...

OriginalPostID-157710

OriginalPostID-157710

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This plugin definitely looks like it might help, specifically the updateCDT function - will try it out and see. Was hoping that I was missing something simple and Appian would support this natively though!
    @tim, good point about leaving ID generation to the DB but my use case is actually not about updating customer IDs, I just thought this example would be easier to highlight the issue - I've several complex use cases where a user action on a form results in the need to re-evaluate certain fields in list of entities all of which are multi-value CDTs.
  • This plugin definitely looks like it might help, specifically the updateCDT function - will try it out and see. Was hoping that I was missing something simple and Appian would support this natively though!
    @tim, good point about leaving ID generation to the DB but my use case is actually not about updating customer IDs, I just thought this example would be easier to highlight the issue - I've several complex use cases where a user action on a form results in the need to re-evaluate certain fields in list of entities all of which are multi-value CDTs.
Children
No Data