I have a SAIL user input form that gathers user-entered data and keep getting th

Certified Senior Developer
I have a SAIL user input form that gathers user-entered data and keep getting the following error:
ERROR:An error occurred while evaluating expression: newProduct_cdt.notes:ac!newProduct_cdt.notes (Invalid index: Cannot index property 'notes' of type Text into null value of type IPS_Product?list) (Data Outputs)
I have 'newProduct_cdt and whereTo_txt' as a data inputs and in my form:
abc_getProductData(
newProduct_cdt: ac!newProduct_cdt,
whereTo_txt: ac!whereTo_txt)

Data outputs are:
ac!newProduct_cdt is stored as newProduct_cdt
ac!whereTo_txt is stored as whereTo_txt
The fields are all basic user input fields (see example below)

a!paragraphField(
label: "Notes",
labelPosition: "ABOVE",
value: ri!newProduct_cdt.notes,
saveInto: ri!newProduct_cdt.notes,
refreshAfter: "UNFOCUS",
required: false,
validations: {}
)

The I got errors for each part of the CDT. The...

OriginalPostID-166767

OriginalPostID-166767

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @judym Could you please elaborate on the type information (single or multiple) of the newProduct_cdt, newProduct_cdt.notes and types of interface inputs? I guess @ambrishs has nailed it and it would be worth taking a look at his suggestion.

@rajivr I guess the problem is not about the code here, but the way we are accessing the cdt and the attributes inside it when they are single or multiple as specified by @ambrishs. Further I believe that the error specified by @judym is an error that was generated because of running a process but it was not an error that was generated while accessing the interface from the designer environment.
  • @judym Could you please elaborate on the type information (single or multiple) of the newProduct_cdt, newProduct_cdt.notes and types of interface inputs? I guess @ambrishs has nailed it and it would be worth taking a look at his suggestion.

@rajivr I guess the problem is not about the code here, but the way we are accessing the cdt and the attributes inside it when they are single or multiple as specified by @ambrishs. Further I believe that the error specified by @judym is an error that was generated because of running a process but it was not an error that was generated while accessing the interface from the designer environment.
Children
No Data