I am having problems writing an expression rule that uses displayvalue() functio

I am having problems writing an expression rule that uses displayvalue() function.

I have an array CDT called BusinessRulesCDT. It keeps erroring out complaining about the 4th argument to displayvalue() which is the default value.

At run time, it gives the error message:

Details: ERROR:An error occurred while evaluating expression: businessRule:rule!findBusinessRuleCDT(pv!businessRuleArray, pv!ruleName,pv!defaultBusinessRule) (Expression evaluation error in rule 'findbusinessrulecdt' at function 'displayvalue' parameter 4: ) (Data Outputs)

My BusinessRuleCDT is:
- id (integer)
- name (text)
- value (text)

my expression rule is:

findBusinessRuleCDT(businessRuleArray (Any Type), ruleName (Text), defaultBusinessRule (Any Type))
which calls ==> displayvalue(ri!ruleName, ri!businessRuleArray.name, ri!businessRuleArray, ri!defaultBusinessRule)

For the 4th parameter, I tried {}, "", and even the example above where I pass ...

OriginalPostID-170427

OriginalPostID-170427

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Well I meant to say that you need to update the definition of the rule!findBusinesRulesCDT() as follows:

fn!displayvalue(ri!ruleName,ri!businessRuleArray.busrule_name,ri!businessRuleArray,ri!defaultBusinessRule)

And yes you can't have your own type for the data type of the input(in expression rules I guess), and therefore you need to carefully configure the column which you are going to make use of. Anyhow the logs and alerts are there for us to let us know the issues.
  • Well I meant to say that you need to update the definition of the rule!findBusinesRulesCDT() as follows:

fn!displayvalue(ri!ruleName,ri!businessRuleArray.busrule_name,ri!businessRuleArray,ri!defaultBusinessRule)

And yes you can't have your own type for the data type of the input(in expression rules I guess), and therefore you need to carefully configure the column which you are going to make use of. Anyhow the logs and alerts are there for us to let us know the issues.
Children
No Data