Having trouble with a cascading dropdown. Basically, I have an editable grid tha

Certified Senior Developer
Having trouble with a cascading dropdown. Basically, I have an editable grid that has 3 dropdowns. The user selects a user from the first dropdown, assigns a role to the user with the second dropdown and assigns an area of expertise with the third dropdown. I got the rule to work with the first 2 dropdowns, but the choices presented with the third dropdown are dependent on the user selected in the first one. I have a query rule that brings back a list of expertises based on the userId. So I created a local!selectedUserId variable to use in my query rule that displays the dropdown list and added an a!save statement to update that local variable with the selected user id. But I get an error when I access this form because the query rule cannot find a userId. Here's the error I'm getting and I've attached my updated rule for the grid.
Expression evaluation error in rule 'ips_getexpertisebyuserid' (called by rules 'ips_assignuserrolesgr...

ips_assignUserRolesGrid_new.txt

OriginalPostID-170455

OriginalPostID-170455

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @judym Some more information please - May I know the column names exactly and also if rule!ips_getExpertiseByUserId() is a query rule?

Meanwhile could you please test the following code in an expression rule separately and do let me know the outcome?

with(
    \ tlocal!expertise: rule!ips_getExpertiseByUserId(),
    \ tlocal!expertise_datasubset: todatasubset(local!expertise),
    \ tindex(local!expertise_datasubset,"id",{})
    \t )
  • @judym Some more information please - May I know the column names exactly and also if rule!ips_getExpertiseByUserId() is a query rule?

Meanwhile could you please test the following code in an expression rule separately and do let me know the outcome?

with(
    \ tlocal!expertise: rule!ips_getExpertiseByUserId(),
    \ tlocal!expertise_datasubset: todatasubset(local!expertise),
    \ tindex(local!expertise_datasubset,"id",{})
    \t )
Children
No Data