Having trouble with a cascading dropdown. Basically, I have an editable grid tha

Certified Senior Developer
Having trouble with a cascading dropdown. Basically, I have an editable grid that has 3 dropdowns. The user selects a user from the first dropdown, assigns a role to the user with the second dropdown and assigns an area of expertise with the third dropdown. I got the rule to work with the first 2 dropdowns, but the choices presented with the third dropdown are dependent on the user selected in the first one. I have a query rule that brings back a list of expertises based on the userId. So I created a local!selectedUserId variable to use in my query rule that displays the dropdown list and added an a!save statement to update that local variable with the selected user id. But I get an error when I access this form because the query rule cannot find a userId. Here's the error I'm getting and I've attached my updated rule for the grid.
Expression evaluation error in rule 'ips_getexpertisebyuserid' (called by rules 'ips_assignuserrolesgr...

ips_assignUserRolesGrid_new.txt

OriginalPostID-170455

OriginalPostID-170455

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • @judym Got it, very simple. You are trying to use a field which is not present in your data structure.

So let' see the below line which is of "Area of Expertise" dropdown:
    choiceValues: index(local!expertise.data,"id",{})
    Here we are trying to access a column by name 'id' in the queried data. As it isn't present, you are not able to obtain any values for 'choiceValues' attribute.

So your actual code should look like this I guess:
    choiceValues: index(local!expertise.data,"expertiseId",{})

If my assumption is correct, please try the attached file once again and have a keen look at "Area of Expertise" dropdown.
  • @judym Got it, very simple. You are trying to use a field which is not present in your data structure.

So let' see the below line which is of "Area of Expertise" dropdown:
    choiceValues: index(local!expertise.data,"id",{})
    Here we are trying to access a column by name 'id' in the queried data. As it isn't present, you are not able to obtain any values for 'choiceValues' attribute.

So your actual code should look like this I guess:
    choiceValues: index(local!expertise.data,"expertiseId",{})

If my assumption is correct, please try the attached file once again and have a keen look at "Area of Expertise" dropdown.
Children
No Data