I have an existing version of Process tasks that updates certain set of ac!param

I have an existing version of Process tasks that updates certain set of ac!parameters. when I try to add a new ac! to this node and update it my existing in-flight instances break with an exception "Could not find variable ac!XXXX".

I tried using a some conditions so that only new process instances try to load this component (Text field) and update it and existing in-flights don't load this, no matter whatever i configure in the rules whether it loads the component or not it still verifies for the ac!parameter to be available and thus in-flights fail.

what is the best way to update the ac! in existing nodes as in this case?

OriginalPostID-171192

OriginalPostID-171192

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Configure the new user input task T2 that uses the rule R2 to render the interface with an ACP ac!employee. Put an XOR gateway before T1 and T2 to determine which node will be invoked for new and old process instances. Date type constant storing the deployment date can be used to differentiate between new and old process instances. You can consider using upgrade processes if you want to apply these changes to existing process instances.
  • Configure the new user input task T2 that uses the rule R2 to render the interface with an ACP ac!employee. Put an XOR gateway before T1 and T2 to determine which node will be invoked for new and old process instances. Date type constant storing the deployment date can be used to differentiate between new and old process instances. You can consider using upgrade processes if you want to apply these changes to existing process instances.
Children
No Data