I have an existing version of Process tasks that updates certain set of ac!param

I have an existing version of Process tasks that updates certain set of ac!parameters. when I try to add a new ac! to this node and update it my existing in-flight instances break with an exception "Could not find variable ac!XXXX".

I tried using a some conditions so that only new process instances try to load this component (Text field) and update it and existing in-flights don't load this, no matter whatever i configure in the rules whether it loads the component or not it still verifies for the ac!parameter to be available and thus in-flights fail.

what is the best way to update the ac! in existing nodes as in this case?

OriginalPostID-171192

OriginalPostID-171192

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hey Manish, nice to see you on the forum :)

The scope of the ACP is very limited to the user input task. I don't think so there is any utility to check for the presence of the ACP configured on the form.
    Above mentioned approach works better for the production fixes provided that you defer your changes to a sub process which is manageable enough. Using sub process for manipulating business logic and user input task will make processes scalable and a room for such kind of issues.
  • Hey Manish, nice to see you on the forum :)

The scope of the ACP is very limited to the user input task. I don't think so there is any utility to check for the presence of the ACP configured on the form.
    Above mentioned approach works better for the production fixes provided that you defer your changes to a sub process which is manageable enough. Using sub process for manipulating business logic and user input task will make processes scalable and a room for such kind of issues.
Children
No Data