Any suggestions on how to encrypt text, persist it to database and retrieve it l

Any suggestions on how to encrypt text, persist it to database and retrieve it later?
I'm currently looking on some conversion expression like dec2hex/hex2dec, oct2hex/hex2oct but to no success since decryption is not possible and giving me infinite symbol, i think it can't convert back the value because it's too big.
Right now, I'm using a!encryptedtextField and I can save the encryptedtext value to db but having issues retrieving it from the database. The query rule is giving this error: "String has invalid data (Could not cast from Encrypted Text to Text. Details: CastInvalid)" any suggestions how to deal with this?

OriginalPostID-171359

OriginalPostID-171359

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Eduardo, thanks for the quick response. I already saw it and asked forum to install it on our instance. But I'm just wondering if it would require something to be installed for the key and cryptographic service provider? So you mean, I can use the keyencrypt/keydecrypt without issues like what I am experiencing when retrieving the encrypted text from db? Will try it also as soon as the plugin has been installed.
  • Hi Eduardo, thanks for the quick response. I already saw it and asked forum to install it on our instance. But I'm just wondering if it would require something to be installed for the key and cryptographic service provider? So you mean, I can use the keyencrypt/keydecrypt without issues like what I am experiencing when retrieving the encrypted text from db? Will try it also as soon as the plugin has been installed.
Children
No Data