Hi guys, I'm trying to create an expression to retrieve group id

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create an expression to retrieve group id by name group, using the function "getgroupbyname()". However, i want to apply this function for multiple groups and from the plugin's description this function only receive one group as parameter. How i can apply this function for multiple groups? I realize that "apply()" function is a good alternative but i don't understand the syntax quite as well. Can anyone give me some guidelines?

Best Regards

OriginalPostID-177674

OriginalPostID-177674

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • This is called "Partial Evaluation" of rules/functions.. This is useful when you don't want to supply every rule parameter at design time OR when the rule should iterate over multiple arguments. An "_(underscore)" placed in the list of parameters for a rule is called a placeholder for that parameter and its not necessary when the rule has only one parameter. In case it has multiple parameters then you can specify values for some parameters and while leaving others using '_'. Values for these placeholder parameters are provided at run time from with in the list of values you specify in an apply() function. See the following documentation.

forum.appian.com/.../Expressions.html
  • This is called "Partial Evaluation" of rules/functions.. This is useful when you don't want to supply every rule parameter at design time OR when the rule should iterate over multiple arguments. An "_(underscore)" placed in the list of parameters for a rule is called a placeholder for that parameter and its not necessary when the rule has only one parameter. In case it has multiple parameters then you can specify values for some parameters and while leaving others using '_'. Values for these placeholder parameters are provided at run time from with in the list of values you specify in an apply() function. See the following documentation.

forum.appian.com/.../Expressions.html
Children
No Data